Stamford: a lovely town with many historic and interesting attractions
Attractions and activities in Stamford and the area include:
- The magnificent Burghley House & Park. So much more than a house, Burghley offers a unique glimpse of the way great houses have been furnished and inhabited from the time of Queen Elizabeth I to the present day. Pedestrian access to the park is less than 100 yards from the front door of the hotel.
- The Burghley Horse Trials. The trials, held every September, are a world-class three-day event which have always been designed to be a complete test of the horse and rider.
- The beautiful and unusually coherent architecture of Stamford. Parts of what is reputed to be the finest stone town in England have often been used for period filming (Middlemarch, Pride and Prejudice etc).
- Theatre, cinema and museums
- Riverside walks
- Excellent restaurants and inns
- Tolethorpe Hall. Thirteen week summer outdoor Shakespeare season.
- The Stamford Festival in July
- The Rutland Water Nature Reserve. Sporting and recreational facilities, including cycle hire, fishing and birdwatching, just 15 minutes drive from Stamford
- Tallington Lakes. Watersports and dry slope skiing just 10 minutes drive from Stamford.